Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: RokBox link from menu

RokBox link from menu 14 years, 4 months ago #184

• joomtorial
Hi all,

Many of you might know the RokBox plugin. The slick popup plugin to open pictures, videos and even webpages in a nice looking overlay on your pages. It is like many other plugins such as LightBox, smoothbox, highslide and many more.

The RokBox plugin is a RocketTheme plugin available here: http://www.rockettheme.com/extensions-joomla/rokbox

I am a long time RocketTheme member and often browse their forum to see if I can help with answering questions. There I found out that a lot of users had the same question:
Can I open RokBox from a Joomla menu?

The simple answer is, not by default. So I started to experiment and came up with a decent solution to be able to use a Joomla menu and from that Joomla menu open the link in a RokBox popup.

Below you will find the zip file to replace Joomla files

Now the RokBox plugin is ready to have the Joomla External URL open in a RokBox popup.

[attachment=1:1nxmsbgg]<!-- ia1 -->Menu.png<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment:1nxmsbgg]

You can open external URLs and also open Joomla articles in a RokBox popup. Be aware that when you open regular Joomla articles, the popup will show the entire website and not just the article. So to avoid that, the url will need to get: &tmpl=component

A link to a Joomla article would look like: index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55&tmpl=component

Attached you will find a zip file with ready-to-go edited files. There is a small readme included.

Good Luck!
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds

Joomla Video Tutorials by Joomtorial