Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to put a video onto a website

How to put a video onto a website 13 years, 10 months ago #273

• jay973
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Piet

I would like to put a video file onto my website. I've made a few attempts and in the process I almost lost all the information on my website. I'm using joomla 1.5.15. At present I have extporer, all videos reloaded, filezilla and jc editor installed in joomla. The video file is 10mb and about 3 minutes long. I've already compressed it and it's a wmv file format.

In media manager I've created a folder called mediavideo. I then browsed for my video file and tried to upload it but it says "This file type is not supported".I've tried a few different formats but still have no luck.

In compnents - all videos reloaded - manage players, I pressed new and created a name for my video file and left version as 0, minimum width 0 and minimum height 0. JW media player is a blank box. For the code I have this information:

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/ca...ersion=8,0,0,0" wmode="opaque" align="middle" width="898" height="240">
<param name="movie" value="PATH_TO_YOUR_FILE" />
<param name="quality" value="high"/>
<embed src="PATH_TO_YOUR_FILE" quality="high" pluginspage="www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="opaque" align="middle" width="898" height="240"></embed></object>

I'll be very greatful if you can advise me how I can get my video file onto my website because I don't know what else I can do without making any more mistakes that might ruin my website.

Kind Regards
Paul
The topic has been locked.

How to put a video onto a website 13 years, 10 months ago #274

• joomtorial
Hello Paul,

I think a few things are going on.

1. Media folder for All Videos reloaded should be different. It is a designated folder by AVR itself. When you put your movies in that designated folder, it should become visible in the AVR backend.

2. WMV is such a common format, I think there was no need to make a new "player" in AVR.

3. The code you are using should not be used with AVR. That code is when valid when you would NOT be using a tool like AVR. The code would more look like {wmv}namevideo{/wmv}

I think key is to read the AVR manuals. http://allvideos.fritz-elfert.de/docume ... en-gb.html

How to put a video onto a website 13 years, 10 months ago #275

• jay973
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Piet

I've looked at the manual for all videos reloaded several times but i just can't understand it. If I use filezilla and transfer the video from my hard drive to public_html images stories videos resp.audio
Will the video file then be transfered to my joomla website. Once this step is completed if it's correct. Would I then go to to joomla administration extention module manager all videos reloaded, choose the page I want the video to be shown on and then press the avr media button select local media then for media, select my video file and insert it.

If the above is completely wrong then I have no other idea on how to do this. It will mean a great deal to me if you could guide me on this as this is the last thing needed for the completion of my website.

Kind Regards
Paul

How to put a video onto a website 13 years, 10 months ago #276

• joomtorial
Can you resend the login/password. I get an invalid login.

Will be back in 2-3 hours.

How to put a video onto a website 13 years, 10 months ago #277

• jay973
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Piet,

I've got part of the video onto the website which is in services - automated parking - best parking, but when you press play the video does not play.

Regards
Paul

How to put a video onto a website 13 years, 10 months ago #278

• jay973
  • Senior Boarder
Piet,

I finally got the video to play.

Regards
Paul
  • Page: