Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Modifying A Rockettheme Template

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 1 month ago #236

• jay973
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Piet,

I just had another look at the installation of extplorer. I thought once it had successfully download that I could access it while staying on the same page but the page I'm in is the extension manager, so I can not get any access at all to extplorer although it says Install component success.

Kind Regards
Paul
The topic has been locked.

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 1 month ago #237

• joomtorial
Hi Paul,

This is something I cannot fix from here.

Can you give me the login to your Joomla admin. You can send it to my email or use the PM feature under my name on the right side of the forum.

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 1 month ago #238

• jay973
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Piet,

I've managed to put my logo onto my website but it has a white background behind the logo and doesn't blend into the light grey backround. Using fireworks, I've tried to export the file as a transparent file but without luck. When I created my logo the default setting for the background was white. I didn't know at the time that i should have selected the transparent option. Is there a way I can still make the file transparent.

Kind Regards
Paul

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 1 month ago #239

• jay973
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Piet, I've managed to find a way to make the logo transparent and now it blends into the background nicely. If anyone has made the same problem, to rectify it do the following using fireworks.

Click the Preview, 2-Up, or 4-Up button at the upper left of the document window. In 2-Up or 4-Up view, click a view other than the original.

In the Optimize panel (Window > Optimize), select PNG 8 as the file format. Then select Index Transparency from the Choose Type Of Transparency pop-up menu.

The canvas color is made transparent in the preview, and the graphic is ready for export

Kind Regards
Paul

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 1 month ago #240

• jay973
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Piet,

I've copied and pasted text from Microsoft word into joomla onto my home page and saved it. When I refreshed the page it does not show the text information through internet explorer and the grey footer has disappeared along with the red bay at the right.
When I first refreshed the page, above the text I copied over there was which looked like html code which was showing on my home page so I deleted it and refreshed the page again and that was when the problems started. If I view my website through fireworks it seems fine but not through IE.

Also I cannot seem to remove the title on the home page that says 'Welcome to the FrontPage'
I've gone into article manager - homepage - parameters advanced and changed section name to hide, intro text hide and category title hide but the title is still there. I will be grateful for your advice.

Regards
Paul

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 1 month ago #241

• jay973
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Piet,

I've managed to solve the problem with removing 'Welcome to the frontpage' but
not the other problem.

Kind Regards
Paul

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 1 month ago #242

• joomtorial

I've copied and pasted text from Microsoft word into joomla onto my home page and saved it. When I refreshed the page it does not show the text information through internet explorer and the grey footer has disappeared along with the red bay at the right.
When I first refreshed the page, above the text I copied over there was which looked like html code which was showing on my home page so I deleted it and refreshed the page again and that was when the problems started. If I view my website through fireworks it seems fine but not through IE.

Hello Paul,

I apologize for my late response. busy, busy, busy.

I had a look at your website earlier this week and was thrilled to see your logo there. As for your problem with the pasted Microsoft Word text. That is a very common problem.

The problem is that Microsoft Word puts in so much extra "hidden" information that it can even cause complete pages and Joomla sites to break and become dysfunctional.

Two solutions:

1. Use the "clean up messy code" button. This should clean up the messy code that Microsoft Word puts in. My experience is that this not always solves errors caused by pasted Microsoft Word texts.

[attachment=0:qmfzqf0j]<!-- ia0 -->clean_code.png<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:qmfzqf0j]

2. The only true remedy is to not paste from Word. Easier said then done, I know. What is the best solution is to save a copy of your Word document and save that as a TXT document. Yes, a document that is basically made/written in the old NotePad. If you write your documents in NotePad, you are 100% guaranteed there are no hidden codes that can cause errors.

Good Luck!
Attachments:

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 1 month ago #243

• jay973
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Piet,

I found a solution to the problem with the text issue before you replied, but the information you provide is always very helpful so thank you for your repsonse. I downloaded jce editor and installed it as a component in joomla after searching for a few days for a solution. Once installed you can then copy and past text without any problems. It works fantastic and you dont need to do anything else apart from open the word doc, copy the text and then past it into joomla once you have set jce as the default editor by going into joomla administrator - global configuration - Default WY SIWYG Editor chnage this to Editor JCE 1.5.6 then save the page, that's it. Jce 157 and 156 plugin is what you will need to upload into joomla. Here is a link http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/88/details

If at any stage you feel I may be asking to many questions please let me know. I have no knowledge in the field of building a website so I'm pretty much learning as I progress. Any solution to the problems I have I will provide in the forum if your unable to answer it and hopefully it will help others who have similar problems.

Everything I've achieved so far regarding my website has been down to you with the help and assistance you have kindly provided. I know for sure without your valued imput I would be very much lost. Thank you once again for all your assistance.
Kind Regards
Paul

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 1 month ago #244

• joomtorial
Hello Paul,

Glad to hear you got the Microsoft Word pasting problem solved with installing/using JCE. It is an editor that is often used and also one of my favorites.

JCE is also in my "Must Have" list of extensions I have put on the website. http://www.joomtorial.com/news/37-10-jo ... extensions

As for your questions. They are never too many! Please feel free to use the forum for all the questions you may have!!! That is the purpose of this forum. Ask questions.

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 1 month ago #245

• jay973
  • Senior Boarder
Much appreciated Piet, thank you.

Regards
Paul
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds

Joomla Video Tutorials by Joomtorial