Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Modifying A Rockettheme Template

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 2 months ago #226

• jay973
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Piet,

The code you mentioned which made the red column extend further down the page worked nicely. Thank you very much. I've installed Extplorer. To install it as a component in my joomla site would I go to extensions - install/uninstall and choose anyone of the php files.
Once installed, to then get my logo onto the template would I then open the fireworks file through Extplorer on my joomla site.

Kind Regards
Paul
The topic has been locked.

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 2 months ago #227

• joomtorial
Hi Paul,

To install a Joomla component, you would not use php files, but use an intact zip-file.

I sent you the download link to the ExtPlorer. That was a zip file, leave the zip intact and do not unpack.

To install/uninstall you would go to Joomla > Extensions >Install/Uninstall and then choose the ExtPlorer zip file you downloaded earlier.

Once ExtPlorer is installed, you will have a new component called ExtPlorer. When you go into that ExtPlorer component, you will have a file browser similar to the file browser in your computer. Only you are browsing files on your web server.

To upload and overwrite the logo, you would go to <joomla root folder>/templates/rt_versatility_j15/images/style<yournumber>/

Then you can upload files from your computer to the webserver by using the arrow up. Click the arrow up, browse your local compuer for your logo - which must be named logo.png - and upload. It should overwrite the existing logo.png If al went right, you can now refresh your page on your website and should see your new logo. Remember. Logo needs to be in PNG format and best results you will get when you have made the same size.

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 2 months ago #228

• jay973
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Piet,

The mistake I made when I first tried to download the file was that I chose the option to open the file rather than save it. Reading the information you provided, I saved the file second time around and installed the zipped file without unzipping it. I managed to get the file into joomla and I saw it in the component section, but for some reason I think I might have accidentally installed it twice and now when I go to components and click on extplorer it says error on page. If I press the arrow button to go back a few times then refresh the page there is an error message that says in red
"Component install:Another component is already using directory:/home/my user login name/public_html/components/com_extplorer
"Component install:Another component is already using directory:/home/my user login name/public_html/administrator/components/com_explorer"
Below this error message in blue it says install component error.

Kind Regards
Paul

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 2 months ago #229

• jay973
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Piet,

If I go to extension manager and uninstall extplorer and then reinstall it, would this solve my problem. Looking at the extension manager it appears to have been installed only once

Kind Regards
Paul

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 2 months ago #230

• joomtorial
Hi PAul,

That is indeed what I would do. Uninstall first. Then re-install.

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 2 months ago #231

• jay973
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Piet,

I've reinstalled it and it's working. Thank you. I'm a bit confused with finding the joomla root folder. What I did was go to extension - template manager - rt_versatility_j15 but after this point I could not see a tab for images.

Kind Regards
Paul

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 2 months ago #232

• joomtorial
Hi Paul,

On the left side of Extplorer you would find the folder structure, once you click folders and they have subfolders, they will show under that - as shown on the attached picture.

On the right side you have the files itself.
Attachments:

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 2 months ago #233

• jay973
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Piet,

I understand what you have explained in the description but what I do not understand is how to get to that stage to be able to see those files. Should I be in Components - Extplorer. I'm also having problems with getting in to Extplorer. Each time I try to open it, it says error on page and the page is just a white screen. The only way I seem to get access to it is if I uninstall and reinstall it.

Kind Regards
Paul

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 2 months ago #234

• joomtorial
Hi Paul,

To view a file in ExtPlorer you can right click the file and then a select list pops up where you can choose to view it.

[attachment=0:2zmfbpb5]<!-- ia0 -->extplorer_view.png<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:2zmfbpb5]

As for your problems with Extplorer and the white screens. This could be anything. My thought is, when it works once, why wouldn't it the 2nd time. There is another reason here, uninstalling installing should not be necessary. Have you tried logging out of Joomla nad logging in again?
Attachments:

Modifying A Rockettheme Template 14 years, 2 months ago #235

• jay973
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Piet,

It seems the problem I have is not actually being able to open the Explorer file once it says it has successfully downloaded. I can only gain access if I dont leave the page once immediately installed. So if I go to say menu - menu manager and then go back to components - extplorer, it trys to open the page but then it just says error on page. To get access to it I have to uninstall and reinstall it and stay on that page if I want to use it. Looking at the file you sent, were you in joomla - components - explorer then chose a particular file to upload. Would this be how I would upload my logo if extplorer was working.

Kind Regards
Paul
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds

Joomla Video Tutorials by Joomtorial