Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: autoresponder with joomla

autoresponder with joomla 14 years, 2 months ago #198

• rmingardo
  • Fresh Boarder
HI Piet
I am looking for a good autoresponder open source for preference. I read about "phplist". What do you think of it ?
-What the one witch present the good quality/price rate ?
- There is any good autoresponder module for joomla ?

Thanks
The topic has been locked.

autoresponder with joomla 14 years, 2 months ago #199

• joomtorial
Hi,

With autoresponder you mean running an emailing list - newsletter and have auto responders with it?

Yes, PHP List by itself is a really powerful tool, have used it years and years ago and back then it was THE tool to use. I believe even Apple used PHP List for a long time. Although PHP List is a stand alone app. You would need to bridge it with Joomla. This is possible with bridges such as: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... idges/6465

I would however advise a more integrated solution like AcaJoom - I have a lot of experience with this one and works fabulous. The commercial version has many many auto responder options: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... letter/964

autoresponder with joomla 14 years, 2 months ago #202

• rmingardo
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Piet
I had a look at the foobla bridge. It's 70 euro (6m support). very expensive for a bridge.
The Acajoom seams good but I understood that the auto-responder directionality is implemented in the PRO version (130 E with jBounceBack Plus and jLinks PRO).
So if I use the PHPlist for my email marketing as a stand alone and I use Joomla for my website what do I risk ? and how to proceed ?
the CB (community builder) is it necessarily ?

Best regards

Riad

autoresponder with joomla 14 years, 2 months ago #203

• joomtorial
Hello Riad,

The Foobla Bridge would be necessary with PHP List to synchronize your Joomla registered users.

An example would be, a user registers on your site and would be able to apply for your newsletter - this would likely be a Foobla module. This user would then be added to a certain list/newsletter in your PHP List as Foobla will take care of users synchronization with PHP List.

When you would use PHP List without bridge (surely possible) - you would not have a Joomla User synchronization with PHP List.

But again, maybe you don't want that. Maybe you do not want users to register and become a Joomla user. And maybe you only want them to apply for your newsletter and have PHP List autorespond on that. The risk in using PHP List stand alone. I cannot think of any.

How to proceed: Install PHP List and get your first list/newsletter running!

CB - Community Builder - Is it necessary. That depends on what you want to do with it. It does offer an extra layer of nice Joomla user gadgets and options such as extended registration forms, user can write their own blogs and much more. CB will offer a community feel to your Joomla website if used properly. Although CB can be a very time consuming component to set up the way you would like it.

autoresponder with joomla 14 years, 2 months ago #212

• rmingardo
  • Fresh Boarder
thank you piet
for all that precious information
I will take you informed about my progress
Best regards
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds

Joomla Video Tutorials by Joomtorial